What is the Bitcoin Volatility Index? The Bitcoin Volatility Index is a tool to calculate the volatility of the BTC/USD …
Crypto Market Cap Gained $10 Billion, Bitcoin Eyes $11,000? (Saturday’s Market Watch)
The cryptocurrency market continues to rebound and has added another $10 billion to its market cap since yesterday. Bitcoin trades around $10,700, while some leading altcoins mark serious gains.
Bitcoin Price Trades Around $10,700
Following yesterday’s increase in which Bitcoin topped at $10,800, the primary cryptocurrency retraced to its intraday bottom at about $10,550. However, the bulls intercepted the price dip and drove the asset upwards once again. Just as 2020 goes so far, this Bitcoin spike followed the 1-2% gains seen on Wall Street at the Friday trading session.
The S&P 500 (1.6%), the Dow Jones Industrial Average (1.34%), and the Nasdaq Composite (2.26%) were all deep in the green.
At the time of this writing, BTC has dipped to $10,760 after getting rejected at the first major resistance at $10,790.
As per the analysis, if BTC price breaks above, it could head towards the next resistance at $11,000, followed by $11,200, $11,360, and $11,530. Alternatively, should the asset fall, it could rely on the support levels at $10,580, $10,440, and $10,390, if necessary.
Despite stocks and cryptocurrencies, gold had failed to increase: Recording an intraday high of $1,875, the precious metal dived and closed the session at $1,860.
Altcoins Gain Traction
Some alternative coins lost significant chunks of value lately, but they have been recovering in the past few days. Ethereum has continued its upward movement with another 3% increase to above $350.
Ripple has surged by 5% to $0.243. Bitcoin Cash (1%), Polkadot (3%), Binance Coin (1%), and Litecoin (3%) are also in the green from the top 10. However, Chainlink has outperformed them all by marking an 11% increase. LINK has overtaken BNB and DOT and currently occupies the 6th spot.
As it typically happens, the most volatile price moves come from mid and low-cap alts.
CyberVein leads with a 21% surge. Ren (20.5%), Yearn.Finance (17%), The Midas Touch Gold (14%), DFI.Money (14%), Cardano (11%), Zilliqa (11%), HedgeTrade (10.5%), and Nervos Network (10%) follow.
In total, the cryptocurrency market cap has increased by $10 billion since yesterday. On a 48-hour scale, the metric is up by 8% since its bottom at $319 billion to $344 billion.
Click here to start trading on BitMEX and receive 10% discount on fees for 6 months.
Disclaimer: Information found on CryptoPotato is those of writers quoted. It does not represent the opinions of CryptoPotato on whether to buy, sell, or hold any investments. You are advised to conduct your own research before making any investment decisions. Use provided information at your own risk. See Disclaimer for more information.
Cryptocurrency charts by TradingView.
Bitcoin Always Online In Venezuela: Launched The First Satellite Node In Collaboration With Blockstream
Bitcoiners in Venezuela don’t need the internet to send some Satoshis. Today, the crypto payments startup Cryptobuyer announced the successful launch of the first Bitcoin satellite node thanks to a collaboration between Cryptobuyer, Blockstream, and a team led by a crypto enthusiast named Aníbal Garrido.
The initiative allows interacting with the Bitcoin blockchain without the need of an internet connection. A satellite antenna installed in Venezuela is in charge of the communication between the node and the blockchain.
We successfully installed and run a satellite #Bitcoin node in #Venezuela which allows us to be independent of the internet to download messages and validate transactions. Thanks to @Blockstream @adam3us @richardbensberg @anibalcripto for all your support https://t.co/TUb6eG19XP
— Cryptobuyer (@cryptobuyer) September 25, 2020
How the Satellite Node Works
This novel solution allows the Venezuelan node to process information in real-time completely off-line. Thus, the normal functioning of the network in case of connectivity failure (something widespread in the country) is guaranteed. It also facilitates the use of cryptocurrencies in remote places where internet service is scarce, expensive, or even non-existent.
The project works as follows: Blockstream contracts a number of satellites to provide the communication service between the nodes and the blockchain. Cryptobuyer bought the necessary equipment to receive the signal and connect to the satellite, and Anibal Garrido and his team were in charge of assembling the antennas and making the required adjustments.
It’s been a pleasure working with @cryptobuyer and @anibalcripto to launch the first of many #BlockstreamSatellite nodes in #Venezuela, ensuring bitcoiners in the region are always connected to the Bitcoin network! 🛰⛓💻 https://t.co/hzqoR1nACI
— Blockstream (@Blockstream) September 25, 2020
For Alvaro Perez, a software programmer from Valencia City who helped set up the whole infrastructure, the node’s synchronization was an inspiring moment. In statements compiled by Cryptobuyer on an official blog post, the expert says that the operation was a “great achievement.”
“We downloaded the whole Bitcoin blockchain and successfully carried out the first transaction through a Bitcoin satellite node in our country on September 23, from the city of Valencia (…) We received bitcoin through the satellite connection without any internet connection. It was a moment of great achievement.”
The journey is just beginning for Bitcoiners in Venezuela
This would be the first of three antennas that Cryptobuyer plans to deploy to cover the country’s most critical areas. The remaining two will be placed in the country’s capital, Caracas, in the north of Venezuela, and Puerto Ordaz, an industrial city located south of the country.
Later on, they plan to deploy a large number of small devices that will serve as a sort of repeater antenna to create a sizeable mesh-type network that will facilitate transactions in Bitcoin even far away from the primary antenna.
Now there’s no excuse to start using some satoshis in the country. Venezuela keeps proving that it has plenty of reasons to be on the podium of the three countries with the most adoption of Bitcoin around the world.
KuCoin’s CEO: The $150 Million Hack Is “Small” For KuCoin, Insurance Will Cover
In a dedicated live stream, KuCoin’s CEO noted that although why he cannot reveal how much of the company’s total assets were affected during the hack, the stolen fund amount is “small for KuCoin.” The exchange will cover all the losses with its insurance fund.
- The company first noticed the abnormalities at 2:51 AM, Sept 26, when it received an alert from its internal risk-monitoring system. More alerts followed, indicating abnormal transfers from the hot wallet.
- At 3:01 AM, the exchange received an alert about its remaining balance from the monitoring system. Three minutes later, more alerts came in showing abnormal XRP withdrawal, which was followed by another alert that the company’s hot wallet is “running out of balance.”
- Subsequent alerts between 3:05 AM and 3:40 AM showed abnormal BTC withdrawal alongside other tokens.
- While the abnormal withdrawals were ongoing, the company set up an urgent task force and then shut down its wallet servers. However, the shut down did not do much to stop the hackers as the abnormal transfers continued.
- At this point, KuCoin realized that the private keys of its hot wallet had leaked. The company then started moving the remaining balance in its hot wallet to cold storage at 4:20 AM. The process took about 30 minutes to complete.
- Lyu said the exchange would publish the addresses used by the hackers on its official channels. An earlier report on the hack shows that the Ethereum address supposedly used for the operation contained over $150 million in ETH and ERC-20 tokens.
- KuCoin is now in contact and working with the international police, its largest clients, and industry experts for an in-depth investigation into the incident.
- The CEO also said they had asked most crypto exchanges, including Binance, Bitfinex, OKEx, BitMEX, and Houbi Global, to blacklist the hackers’ wallet address and assist with the investigation.
- The crypto community was quick to swing into action to assist KuCoin in its request. Bitfinex CTO Paolo Ardoino said they have already frozen 13 million USDT on EOS that was part of the hack, while Tether froze the 20m USDT on Ethereum in the ETH address used for the hack.
- While trading services are still available, withdrawals and deposits will remain closed until the exchange completes its wallet upgrade.
Blockchain4 weeks ago
Market Wrap: Bitcoin’s Powell-Induced Price Swing; Ethereum Still High on Gas
Blockchain1 month ago
The US Post Office Files a Patent for a Blockchain-Based Voting System
Blockchain4 months ago
How to Identify the ‘Third Wave’ of Cannabis Investments
Blockchain3 weeks ago
Blockchain Bites: Is DeFi an Inside Deal?
Blockchain2 months ago
Wealthfront Lures Millenials With Crypto Memes and Tactics
Blockchain2 months ago
Top Five Most Advanced Cryptocurrencies
Blockchain4 months ago
5 Tips to Interest the Press in Your Cannabis Business
Blockchain3 months ago
Top 5 Most Effective Cannabis Marketing Strategies